Are you struggling with NTN number registration? Then here is a complete guide for you.
- Visit the FBR IRIS site and choose Registration for Unregistered Person.
- Fill out the form completely and click the submit button.
- Log in to your account and make changes to the 181 application form.
- Enter all of your personal, income, and property information, and you will obtain your NTN in a matter of hours.
Note: An individual, AOP (Association of Persons), company, or foreign national must e-register on the FBR (Federal Board of Revenue) IRIS portal for NTN registration.
For individuals, a 13-digit CNIC (Computerized National Identity Card) will be considered an NTN registration number.
For AOPs or companies, a 7-digit NTN is issued after re-enrollment on the FBR (Federal Board of Revenue)’s IRIS portal.
Again it looks complicated to you? Let break it into simple 6 steps
- Step 1: Open FBR IRIS Portal
- Step 2: Select the Registration Form
- Step 3: Fill the Registration Form
- Step 4: Log in to IRIS Portal of FBR
- Step 5: Submit Form 181 (Form of Registration filed voluntarily) (Income Tax)
- Step 6: Download your Registration Certificate
To obtain a National Tax Number (NTN), you need to follow specific steps, and you must have the required documents. If you are a salaried person, the required documents are given below.
Documents Required for NTN Registration for Salaried Persons
- Valid CNIC
- Paid Electricity Bill of House (Not Older than 3 Months)
- The most recent pay slip.
- Mobile and landline phone numbers, as well as a valid e-mail address
- Employer’s National Tax Number (NTN), Office Address, and E-mail Address
Documents Required for NTN Registration for Business
- Nature of business
- Valid CNIC
- Property papers/Rental Agreement (printed on Rs.200/ stamp paper)
- Paid Electricity Bill of Business Location(Not Older than 3 Months)
- Business Letterhead (Blank page)
- Mobile & Landline number and E-mail address
There is also an offline procedure; however, we will walk you through the online procedure for obtaining a National Tax Number (NTN). To get NTN, you must first register an account on the Federal Board of Revenue website.
Step 1: Open FBR IRIS Portal
Go to the FBR’s IRIS Portal and register for the NTN.
To begin the NTN registration procedure, go to the Federal Board of Revenue’s official website and open an online IRIS PORTAL by clicking the following link:
Step 2: Select the Registration Form
If you are not registered for Income Tax with FBR (Federal Board of Revenue), then click on the green button placed to blow the login button:
Step 3: Fill the Registration Form
When you click on it, a form will appear on your screen. Fill out all the necessary information such as:
- In the “CNIC” field, type your 13-digit CNIC number.
- Your name will appear automatically in the “Name” column (If not, then fill manually).
- In the “Current Service Provider” section, choose your cellular phone service provider from the drop-down selection.
- Then, in the “Cell Number” column, type 00923XXXXXXXXX in this format
- The same cell number must be rechecked in “Confirm Cell No.” Field
- In the “E-mail” area, type your e-mail address accurately.
- In the “Confirmation E-mail” area, double-check the same e-mail address.
Click submit after entering the captcha code exactly.
Within 5 to 10 minutes, you will receive two different security codes on your mobile and e-mail from the FBR (Federal Board of Revenue) online system as mentioned above. Enter these codes in the relevant fields and resubmit.
The FBR (Federal Board of Revenue) will create your online account on the IRIS portal, and you will receive your ID Login details through SMS and E-mail.
Step 4: Log in to IRIS Portal of FBR
After registration, log in to your IRIS account, click on the draft menu placed on the left side of the window. You will see a 181 application form.
Step 5: Submit Form 181 (Form of Registration filed voluntarily) (Income Tax)
Click the Edit button next to “181 (Form of Registration submitted voluntarily) (Income Tax)” as noted in the blow screen. The following form will appear. FBR obtains all of the information listed on the “Personal” page from the NADRA system (FEDERAL BOARD OF REVENUE).
After clicking the edit button, you will see different tabs like Personal Tab, Business Tab, Property Tab, Link Tab, Attachment, and Bank Account tab.
- Fill in the information in the registration form.
- If you work for a company, you have to type employer NTN in the link tab.
- You do not need to enter information in the Business tab and Bank tab.
- Submit to complete registration.
- You should double-check all the information given in the registration form.
Step 6: Download your Registration Certificate
After filling out all the information on Form 181, review it again to see any errors, then click the Submit button in the upper left corner of the form.
You can now see that “Registration (1) – 181 (Registration form was voluntarily submitted) (Income tax)” has been moved from the Draft menu to a completed task.
Congratulations, your NTN registration on the IRIS Portal is now complete. You can download your NTN Registration Certificate.